Own a Catana 44 for a quick get away price.
1996 Catana 44 ‘Trio’
Trio is a 1996 Catana 44, she cruised the South Pacific for the 2019 season and is ready to go again. Be quick to own a pedigree ocean passage maker at an affordable price.
As a current liveaboard Trio has provided the owners with a comfortable home combined with the thrill and safety of performance sailing with island cruising comforts. Her condition can be described as original and comfortably used and therefore she does not claim the pristine aesthetics of a show boat nor their price tag.
She is however a sturdy and capable cat well set up for her next season in Fiji. Compared to any other cat on the market ‘Trio’ is the perfect opportunity to enjoy sailing oceans or coasts on a performance brand yacht at a price that leaves plenty of cash in your cruising kitty.
Builder: Catana France
Material: Glass foam core hulls
Draft: 1 m – centre boards up
Displacement: 8500 kg approx.
- Twin Volvos. MD 2040D and MD2040B equal hours.
- Hours tbc
Drives: Volvo SD 120 sail drives
Props: Fixed props ( 1 x folding spare)
Speed: 6.5knots @ 2000 rpm – Max 8 knots
Tanks: 1 x 400 litre + 1 x 400 litre Aluminium
- Navigation: Raymarine Chartplotter GPS, radar, depth, wind, VHF+ hand held.
- Lighting: LED interior lighting and nav lights
- Starboard Hull: Aft King size state room, forward to clothing storage area, forward to head, forward to big single or storage area
- Port Hull; Double aft cabin, forward to double wing deck, forward to head, forward to large single berth /storage.
- Heads: Head x 2. Electric x 1, manual x 1 No holding tank. Has one to be fitted.
- Shower: Three showers 2 x hot in heads and 1 x cold stern shower.
- The Catana galley up is a feature of their design with open flow into the cockpit through a sliding bench window.
- Force 10 3 burner oven and grill New 2016
- Refrigeration consists of Fridge/freezer or can be converted to deep chest freezer.
- Great visibility around a comfortable dining table that seats 8.
- 2 x 400 litre plastic tanks.
- Water maker 150lph
- Hot water engine driven. Very efficient.
- Mainsail, fully battened triple reefs 2016
- Genoa on roller furler recut 2019, UV strip new 2019
- Code 0 on prod.
- Spinnaker pole.
- Sails in good cruising condition.
- SS rigging.
- 2019 Rig tuned and inspection by Steve McCabe.
Additional Items included
Safety and extras
- EPIRB, lifejackets.
Coppercoat antifoul 2016. Some details have not as yet been completed and will be updated as the information arrives. Trio presents in original condition.
Taxes: All Australian taxes have been paid. NZ taxes will be paid on reaching price agreement by the owner.
Anchor and Tender
- Windlass electric.
- Primary and spare anchor, 80m x 10mm chain, warp.
- Davits: Yes Alloy.
- Walker Bay 10’ with sailing gear.
- Outboard: Yamaha 3hp.
Power & pumps
- Solar panels 300 W Total. 4 x 50 + 1 x 100
- Inverter 2000W
- 4 x bilge pumps 1 x each engine room and midship, 2 x auto, 2 x manual
*The information and specifications supplied here are believed to be correct to the best of our knowledge as provided by the current owner. Potential buyers are responsible for confirming the accuracy of this information. They should inspect the boat and have a professional survey completed.