All the mod cons.
1990 SPY 48 ‘Resfeber’
Large volume, fast cruising yacht, kauri, recently refitted for long term, shorthanded cruising. Newly refurbished interior, lots of new gear, a great opportunity for a large cruising yacht.
Manufacturer / Design: South Pacific Yachts, Australia
LOA: 15m (approx)
Beam: 4.2m (approx)
Draft: 1.9m (approx)
Hull Type: Round Bilge, Fin Keel
Construction: 30mm planked Kauri, glued and screwed, glassed over. Kauri glassed cabin, Kauri glass ply decks
- Engine: 80hp Isuzu Marine Diesel
- Engine Hours: 4500 (Approx), +- 800 hours on reconditioned motor and 2018 major service incl injectors, glow plugs, compression testing, new water pump, alternator etc
- Drive: Volvo Saildrive (recent major service 2018)
- Prop: Varifold with prop speed Max speed 9.5 knots (approx.)
- Cruise speed: 8 knots (approx.)
- Displacement: 14 Tonne (Approx)
- Transom: Walk through, swim ladder
- Steering: Stainless Steel Wheel and autopilot
- Fuel Capacity: 190 litres (approx)
- Fuel tank: 2 x stainless steel
- Water Capacity: 440 Litres
- Water tanks: 4 x Stainless Steel with equaliser
- Navigation: Autopilot
- VHF Radio
- SSB Radio
- Lowrance GPS, depth, wind log
- Fusion blue tooth Stereo
Batteries / Power generation
- Batteries: All new 2018 – 4 a house batteries and 1 x starter battery, 1000w inverter, shore power
- Solar and Wind: 2 x solar panels and 1 x wind turbine
- Cooking Gas: 4 x burner with grill and oven
- Cabin: 2
- Berths: 2 x double, 3 x single
- Headroom: 1.98m
- Toilet: Marine direct flush (holding tank not installed but supplied)
- Hot water: Yes. Hot and cold water pressure
- 2018 NEW Doyle dodger, bimini, bimini-dodger infill, stack pack
- Rig: Masthead / Cutter Rig / inner forestay
- Rigging: Stainless Steel, new 2009
- Reefing: Slab mainsail with lazy jacks and boom sail bag. Jib operates on Furlex headsail roller furler
Spars & Sails:
- Spars: Alloy (stripped and painted 2004)
- Sails: 3 reef mainsail, storm jib, No 1, 2 & 3, Spinnaker, 2 x spinnaker poles on mast car track
- Winches: All lewmar two speed
- Capstan: Capstain 2018 new Maxwell windlass
Additional Items included
- 4 x bilge pumps (2 x auto 2 x manual)
- Fire extinguishers
Current owner spent approx. $90k readying the boat for four year passage through Caribbean.
This work includes modifications and modernising.
The hull, rigging, decks etc were double surveyed and any issues found were repaired or maintained with no expenses spared.
A full list of works completed is available upon request.
Ground Tackle - Tender
- Danforth with 75m chain and warp
- Dingy: Inflatable aluminium hull
- Engine: Yamaha 2.5hp 4 stroke outboard
- Dingy Davits: Yes. Transom radial arch mounted
*The information and specifications supplied here are believed to be correct to the best of our knowledge as provided by the current owner. Potential buyers are responsible for confirming the accuracy of this information. They should inspect the boat and have a professional survey completed.